|From the beginning, IBSA has held an respectful environmentally policy. This solid attitude is reflected in each and every one of the stages of our production process, and it starts when IBSA demands from its suppliers that the raw materials has to be obtained through environmentaly friendly methods.
To minimize residue generated during the industrial activity, IBSA is continuosly looking for recycling systems, in order to have an eco friendly disposal.
|Besides, IBSA has created an Environmental Management System, a tool whose application facilitates the compliance with the ecological rules, and whose updating guarantees the continued improvement in the production processes.
At the Centers for Research and Development, studies are carried out as to how better use the natural resources and also to reduce the ecological impact. It's our commitment with the environment.
Because we care about Nature, at Industrias del Bierzo, S.A., we have a Corporate Environmental Policy that establishes the commitment in all that we do in our industrial plants, products, packing and in the way of operating.
To comply with this objective we need:
- To assure that our products, packing and processes do not cause harm in any manner whatsoever to our employees, consumers and the environment.
- Comply or exceed the requierements of all laws, decrees or rulings regarding the environment.
- Continuously evaluate our manufacturing programs, in accordance with the latest environmental technology.
- Provide our consumers, clients, employees and other interested groups, the appropriate relevant information, based on facts of the environmental quality of our processes and products.
- Make sure that each one of our employees understands and is responsible with the protection of the environment in his daily work chores.
Quality Policy and Environment Management.
The Environmental and Quality Policy established by the IBSA Directors has the purpose to orient the activities developed in our company to a continuous improvement as to quality and environmental management, with the following points:
- Development of the processes and activities as is established in the documents that are part of the Management System, in order to guarantee that the characteristics of quality and environment are controlled.
- Obtain a maximum satisfaction and fidelity of the clients through the preparation, transformation and comercilization of products suitable for consumption, complying with the specified requisites, and, in its case, with the rulings and norms applicable.
- Improve the capacity of the suppliers and subcontractors to satisfy the environmental and quality requisites specified by IBSA
- Compliance with the environmental legislation, be it national, as well as the local and autonomous one.
- Prevention of contamination through minimizing the environmental impact of our activities and processes: reduction of the amount of residue, accelerating their disposal, reusing materials, as well as the optimization of the consumption of raw materials, water and energy.
- Establishment of the codes or principles of good environmental practices assumable by our organization.
- Incorporation to our activities of clean technologies and processes respectful with the environment, while economically viable.
- Consideration and follow up of the communications received from the parties interested in the development of the environmental management, both the internal and those of foreign origin.